Friday 18 March 2011

Gold Interiors - Just for the Fun of it

Have just been reading about Jonathan Adler (Creative Director of Barneys New York) and his fantastic interiors style in April's Elle Decoration. Here are a few of my favourite quotes :

"Too much tastefulness is pompous and dull. Every room needs a dash of the hippy and a dollop of socialite" Just one look at the image from one of his homes above and it'll confirm the sense of fun that characterises Jonathan's style. He has so many wonderfully quirky things in his home.

"Using gold in your home is like adding jewellery to an outfit. Every space needs some glamour" Of course, we love this quote (although he also says silver will add glamour too, but we'll ignore that one). Looking at the fabulous pictures of his home, you can see how metallics have been used in virtually every room and they add a really stunning touch. I'm trying to do the same in my home, just a touch here and there makes all the difference.

"When in doubt, I always throw in an orange accessory. Orange looks as crisp and refreshing as it tastes" This resonates with me because I have a current obsession with orange accessories. I'm almost regretting the fact that we took the 60s orange kitchen out of house 15 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment